Wedding photography Terms and Conditions
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer(s)/Videographer(s)” shall mean: Ian Petrie trading as Ian Petrie's Photography or Petrie’s Photography & their employee's/contractors.
- These terms and conditions cannot be varied in any way by the client(s) unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing, a New contract will need to be signed with a £15 admin fee applied.
- The number of images expected to be handed over, around 300 to 600 high quality JPEG format digital images depending on long you book ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ for. (Ceremony Only - Ceremony to Reception - Getting ready, Ceremony and Reception coverage).
- The expected timeline for completion of all digital images will be around 2 to 6 weeks unless agreed different, those are downloadable as standard.
- We work as a 2-photographer team, this ensures nothing is missed and additional help in organising group sessions. This should also speed things up so you can get bac to the party after.
- How many hours you will work on the day (Ceremony Only coverage is up to 3 hours, Ceremony to Reception is up to 6 Hours & Getting ready to Reception is up to 8.5 Hours) – Additional Hours can be discussed.
- Engagement or family photo sessions can be claimed at no extra cost before the big day, Within 6 months before the big day.
- Editing is down to the Photographers creative discretion, ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ will attempt to accommodate any reasonable editing style requests, but ultimately you are booking ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ due to our style we put on our portfolio, thus we try to follow the same styles.
- Booking is only confirmed on return of this contract, signed by both parties (Groom & Bride) plus the non-refundable security deposit of £195
- The full balance must be cleared in our accounts no later than 60 days before the wedding date, If this becomes a problem, the clients (Bride & Groom) will need to discuss with Ian Petrie’s Photography at the earliest opportunity as we will try our best to work with you in those difficult times. Failure to do so can mean no photography on the big day, A reminder maybe issued before this date passes.
- There will be no hidden fees, all travel (within 70 miles), parking etc. will be included within the package booked for.
- Cancellation terms – If cancel within 9 months before the date a 35% of the booking price is still be paid, if cancel within 5 months of the wedding day a 60% of the booking price is still to be paid, if cancel within 2 months of the wedding day the full balance would still be required. – However, if you need to move the wedding day and we can still cover it for you, we will not ask you to pay twice, we will just adjust the date with a £15 admin fee.
- Copy Right Vs Usage Rights – Copy right stays with ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ who have the right to use images for their business promotions in any way they see fit. Clients have the rights to share images, reproduce them in print form without having to come through ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ but can not sell the images.
- Force Majeure: The photographer(s) will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another local photographer with similar style in the event they are unable to attend on the booking date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding, national emergencies etc. In the event of cancellation by the photographer(s), or in the very unlikely event of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund, any national emergencies where the photographer is not choosing to cancel but the government are forcing the event to be cancelled, the photographer will refund the full cost besides the security deposits(if the date can be moved and the photographer can cover the new date, there is no need for a refund as the date can simply be changed with no admin fee being applied either).
- The photographer is not responsible for the lighting conditions, variation in light in the photos as some venues will restrict where the photographer(s) can stand/move and can also limit the use of flash or constant lighting equipment.
- ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ Only use high quality professional rated equipment to capture the photos, this can also include appropriate backup equipment if such equipment should fail. (this is to protect your special day).
- ‘Ian Petrie’s Photography’ has the right to leave the wedding with no come back on them, if any aggressive behaviour to wards them is shown. (Safety of our Photographers and our customers is of the highest importance).